In the dynamic landscape of cybersecurity, November 2023 saw a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, with a total of 34 deals shaping the industry’s future. This follows an overarching trend, as SecurityWeek’s analysis reveals that over 210 cybersecurity-related M&A deals were announced in the first half of 2023.
Here’s a snapshot of some noteworthy transactions:
- AMYNA Systems acquires EPL Advisors
- Network security firm AMYNA Systems expanded its portfolio by acquiring EPL Advisors, known for its expertise in strategy consulting, investor relations, fund raising, and early go-to-market sales.
- Accenture acquires Innotec Security
- Accenture, a global professional services giant, strengthened its Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) capabilities by acquiring Spain-based Innotec Security. This move also extends Accenture’s footprint in the cybersecurity domain, particularly in Spain.
- BlueVoyant acquires Conquest Cyber
- BlueVoyant, a prominent player in cybersecurity, acquired Conquest Cyber to forge a comprehensive cyber risk management platform. Conquest Cyber’s established services to the U.S. government enhance BlueVoyant’s capabilities.
- Boltonshield acquires Scanmeter
- Switzerland-based cybersecurity-as-a-service provider Boltonshield acquired Scanmeter, an external attack surface management firm. This strategic move empowers Boltonshield to offer continuous automated cybersecurity testing services.
- Certn acquires Trustmatic
- Canadian background screening firm Certn expanded its identity verification services by acquiring Slovakia-based Trustmatic. Trustmatic specializes in identity document reading, authentication, face liveness detection, and biometrics.
- Exterro acquires Divebell
- Legal governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) software provider Exterro acquired Divebell, a data discovery SaaS solutions provider. This acquisition enhances Exterro’s capabilities to identify, map, and understand organizational data for legal requirements.
- Just Develop It acquires Total Security
- Just Develop It completed the acquisition of Total Security from System1, valuing the deal at $340 million. This acquisition allows Total Security to focus on its core advertising business.
- Kiteworks acquires Maytech, DRACOON, and ownCloud
- Kiteworks, a data privacy and compliance solutions provider, expanded globally by acquiring three secure file transfer companies: Maytech (UK-based), DRACOON (Germany-based), and ownCloud (Germany-based).
- Palo Alto Networks acquires Talon
- Palo Alto Networks entered a $625 million deal to acquire Talon Cyber Security, a secure enterprise browser firm. This move is part of Palo Alto Networks’ strategy to enhance its enterprise cloud data security offerings.
- PagerDuty acquires Jeli
- Operations management firm PagerDuty strengthened its automated incident management solution by acquiring Jeli. This acquisition aims to improve enterprise resilience and reduce the impact and risk of operational failure.
These transactions underscore the dynamic nature of the cybersecurity industry, with companies strategically aligning to address evolving threats and challenges. Additionally, MSSP-focused deals are reshaping the managed security services landscape, reflecting the industry’s commitment to providing robust cybersecurity solutions.